PACTRAC - Code of Conduct - March 2021
This Code of Conduct complements the Codes of Practice and Welfare Policies of the British Triathlon Federation. This code may be amended from time to time at the discretion of the Committee. Any changes will be publicised to members.
Disregard or breaches of these rules when reported to the Committee may result in the offending member being suspended or expelled from the club. Therefore members are requested to communicate such breaches of conduct to the Committee where misconduct can, in the first instance, be dealt with quickly and informally. Serious or repeated breaches of conduct will result in a formal disciplinary process.
PACTRAC is your club and we would like you to make the most of what we offer, but not at the expense of others.
A “coach” is anyone qualified by the British Triathlon Federation (BTF) to coach or is a coach of PACTRAC. A “member” is a member of the club.
Standards of General Conduct
- Compete within the BTF rules and show courtesy and respect for officials and their decisions.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person, be they adult or child, treating everyone equally within the context of the sport, regardless of ability, gender, religion, age or sexual orientation.
- Respect the spirit of the sport, by providing encouragement and support to other club members and by volunteering at club events and races.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport and never display or condone the use of inappropriate or abusive language, inappropriate relationships, bullying, harassment, discrimination or physical violence, or conduct that may be construed as unethical.
- Accept responsibility for their own behaviour and encourage all members and parents of junior members, to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and conduct.
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred to an appropriate authority in accordance with “BTF Safeguarding and Protecting Children Policy”. The first official in this case being PACTRAC Welfare Officer.
- Conduct themselves in a manner that takes all reasonable measures to protect their own safety and the safety of others.
- Promote the good reputation of the club and never behave or condone others to behave in a manner that is liable to bring the club or the sport into disrepute.
- Coaches will abide by the BTF policies for safeguarding, equality, diversity, inclusion, anti-doping and clean sport policies.
Social Media Code of Conduct
Any communications made by members through social media should not:
- Bring the sport, club or its members into disrepute, for example, by making defamatory comments about individuals, the club, or other organisations.
- Posting images that are inappropriate, discriminatory or offensive or links to that content.
- Be seen to support a comment or post that would fall into any of the above categories.
- Breach confidentiality, for example by: giving away information about an individual (such as an athlete, club member, fellow volunteer or organisation) that is confidential, or revealing information held by a club, individual or organisation where there would be reasonable expectation of confidentiality.
- Do anything that could be considered discriminatory against, or bullying or harassment of, any individual, for example by making offensive or derogatory comments relating to gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
- No comment should ever be made about an individual or subject that exposes someone to hatred, ridicule or contempt, causes them to be shunned or avoided, disparages them in their personal life, office, profession or trade.
- Make misrepresentations relating to PACTRAC.